Week 1 Interactive Assignment- Installing and setting up Java CPT 307

Installation of Java- A step by step guide

Hello, fellow Programmers and classmates. The following blog will discuss what I, an amateur, have learned during my Java installation.

Java installation can be effortless. However, due to the floods of information available and the vast options of IDEs and operating systems, the process can be daunting. At least it was for me. My goal here is to make things simpler for your next Java installation.

First, understand that you will be downloading and installing the latest Java Development Kit or JDK. I suggest searching via google or your best choice of search engine for “What is the most current Java JDK?” An example of the result is as follow:

Next, be decisive of what operating system and what integrated development environment (IDE) you will use. My suggestion is to work with what is familiar. In my circumstance I choose to go with IntelliJ developed by JetBrains because I have used PyCharm from the same company. Another approach could be to look at YouTube videos and see what the tutors on the videos uses. This approach will keep allow for you to seamlessly follow the video since you would be using the same IDE and do not need to find alternative option to accomplish the same task. Some of the popular IDES are as follow:


One useful idea is that you can come up with a preferential conclusions from the following YouTube Video Titled: 

Java Tutorial for Beginners [2019] | Mosh


The above video is current, relative to this post and Mosh the presenter is very knowledgeable and is an excellent communicator – which helps in the learning process. I will leave it up to you to follow your instinct and search YouTube for installation instruction of your favorite IDE. Good luck!


Concepts and Features of object-oriented design principle

As a newbie, I have been intrigued to learn about the concepts of feature of object-oriented design principles. I might not accurately describe the terminologies and topics since I am still in the learning process when it comes to OOP. What I can say is that there are vast amounts of useful information via the internet that can either teach or drown my inspiration to learn. I am working on making the first come to fruition.  
  
What I have learned so far about the object-oriented design principles is that it allows for security and simplification. I also like the concept of reusing what you have created. These concepts are explained well via the class CPT307 first week lecture: The 4 principles of OOP include inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction, and encapsulation.



I personally find it very difficult to learn by reading so I must resort videos. The following videos have been helpful in starting my learning concerning OOP and Java. Two very excellent starting points are as follows:



Nathan Schutz


Best of luck in your learning!

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CPT 304: Operating Systems Theory Concept Map Summary Blog Post

CPT 307 Week 5 : Newbie to Newbie Blog Part One